Early Head Start
Early Head Start (EHS) is a comprehensive program available to low income families from pregnancy until children reach 3 years of age. Families of children with special needs are eligible regardless of income. EHS also emphasizes family development. We encourage parents to identify and work towards goals to improve their lives.
As a participant you will receive:
- Personalized home visits by a certified Parent Educator, specially trained in child development and eager to help you give your child a great start.
- Group meetings with other parents, where you can share parenting experiences, gain new insights, and talk about topics that interest you.
- Information and guidance, beginning even before your baby is born, on preparing for your baby, home safety, what to expect as your child develops, effective discipline, constructive play and more.
- Periodic screening to ensure that your child has no problem learning, sensory (hearing and seeing) or developmental problems.
- A referral network that can help you find special services.
We recognize parents as the child's first and most important teacher!
To find out if your child is eligible for Early Head Start contact us at Fulton County Center for Families at (717)485-5038
Check out the fun times parents and children have enjoyed at groups!
Please check the following website for up to date information on recalls,